Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rosanne Cash Calls Out Country Clown John Rich

good for rosanne! in my opinion, these clowns, "big and rich" (give me a break) pretty much sum up everything that is wrong with music today in one act. totally talentless hacks big on flash, glitz and "style" while completely lacking any talent or substance. idiots and fools.

and for this idiot and fool to invoke and use the name of johnny cash in this manner is disgusting.

fuck you john rich. and the trained music video horse you rode in on.

Cash To Rich: Use Of Father's Name Is 'Appalling'
Ken Tucker, Nashville | August 19, 2008

Rosanne Cash is tired of people using her late father's name to further their own political agenda.

"It is appalling to me that people still want to invoke my father's name, five years after his death, to ascribe beliefs, ideals, values and loyalties to him that cannot possibly be determined, and to try to further their own agendas by doing so," Cash said in a statement on her Web site.

The statement was released after country star John Rich invoked the name of Johnny Cash at a recent Florida rally for presidential candidate John McCain. According to media reports, Rich told the crowd, "Somebody's got to walk the line in the country. They've got to walk it unapologetically. And I'm sure Johnny Cash would have been a John McCain supporter if he was still around."

Rich then sang Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line."

"I knew my father pretty well, at least better than some of those who entitle themselves to his legacy and his supposed ideals," Rosanne Cash said in the statement, "and even I would not presume to say publicly what I 'know' he thought or felt. This is especially dangerous in the case of political affiliation.

"It is unfair and presumptuous to use him to bolster any platform," she continued. "I would ask that my father not be co-opted in this election for either side, since he is clearly not here to defend or state his own allegiance."

No comments: